Request for Proposal: Field Maintenance – Yellowknife Fastball League
April 25, 2021
Issued by: Yellowknife Fastball League
Yellowknife Fastball League Representative: Garrett Hinchey
The Yellowknife Fastball League is seeking a contractor to provide field maintenance services for the 2021 adult and minor fastball season at Tommy Forrest Ball Park, beginning in mid-May and concluding in late August. This contractor would be responsible for:
- Grass maintenance and watering, as needed;
- Infield preparation on game days;
- Infield maintenance, as needed;
- General site cleanup, as needed; and
- Minor construction and maintenance projects, as negotiated.
This request for proposals’ objective is to find a contractor who can adequately provide maintenance for Tommy Forrest Ball Park within the league’s budget.
Background/scope of work
The Yellowknife Fastball League has operated out of Tommy Forrest Ball Park since the 1950s. Recently we have completed a revitalization of the park, putting grass in the outfield and restoring and replacing all major infrastructure.
Every year, the league hires a field maintenance contractor to maintain and prepare the field for game days and practice days for minor ball. Typically, this consists of 2-3 hours per day of work, from Monday to Friday, between June and mid August.
Additional work is required in mid-May to prepare the field for the season, and in late August to prepare it for the winter. The league also has numerous small construction projects it is aiming to complete in 2022 as we complete our field revitalization, more work and hours are available for bidders who have the skills and time to assist in these projects.
The league owns all maintenance equipment needed; a successful bidder will not be required to provide their own equipment.
Please contact Garrett Hinchey for more details regarding regular maintenance duties, and pre- and post-season duties.
The league has a budget of $8,000 for this contract, but is willing to go over this budget for the right contractor/scope of work.
Your proposal should follow the format below:
- Background information about yourself/your business
- Note why we should choose yourself/your business over other vendors
- Note relevant experience that applies to the field maintenance projects
- Proposed services or deliverables
- See accompanying spreadsheet and propose a number of hours for pre and postseason duties, and proposed number of hours for regular duties.
- Note your hourly wage or fixed weekly or monthly cost for regular duties, and your amenability/availability for any additional projects during the course of the season.
Please submit your proposal to Garrett Hinchey at email@example.com by May 15, 2021.
Yellowknife Fastball League will evaluate proposals based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the required outlined in this RFP
- Relevant past experience and performance
- Proposed number of hours
- Amenability to additional work
- Quoted cost of the proposal
Yellowknife Fastball League reserves the right to award the contract to the vendor that represents the best value to the association, as determined by the league.